Guide on Grants, Contributions and Other Transfer Payments
Archived information is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject à to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Western Economic Diversification (WD) - Supplementary Estimates process
Supplementary Estimates process
January 21, 2000
LETTER OF AGREEMENT
WHEREAS the Department W has as its objective to promote the economic diversification of Canada with a focus upon the development of small and medium sized business; and
WHEREAS the Department H has as its objective to strengthen the economy and to provide Canadians with increased products and activities; and
WHEREAS the two departments are interested in implementing projects in Canadian communities to undertake activities such as new technology applications, improved management practices, promotion, marketing and audience development, increased revenue, generation and self-sufficiency; and job creation;
THEREFORE it is agreed that:
- W funding in the amount of $ X,XXX,XXX will be transferred from the 1999-00 resource levels (vote 999) of the Department
W to the 1999-00 resource levels of the Department H. The funds will be transferred through the inclusion of an item
in the 1999-00 supplementary estimates of the Department H and the establishment of a frozen allotment within the Department
W resource levels (vote 999).
- The funds will be used to support projects of mutual interest to the two departments and the Department H will make
best efforts to supplement the program funding.
- All applications submitted under this program will be reviewed, and all projects to be supported with the use of
these funds will be approved, by representatives of both the Department W and the Department H.
- The funds for these programs will be administered under the existing terms and conditions of the relevant programs
of the Department H.
- The approval letters informing the successful candidates of their funding will be signed on behalf of both the Minister of H and Minister of W. Both will also be consulted and involved in public announcements of funding.
- Date modified: