Guide on Grants, Contributions and Other Transfer Payments
Archived information is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject à to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
About the Guide
This Guide resulted from an interdepartmental collaborative effort of officials from more than 15 federal departments and agencies who contributed to its design and content. It explains the key attributes that are common to managing transfer payments.
Appendices, references, examples and tools have been provided at the end of a number of sections for further elaboration of a subject and to provide greater clarity to the reader.
- Appendices: an elaboration of specific topics. Appendices are located at the end of each section (e.g., case analysis).
- Examples: illustrations of complex issues that are found in the body of each section.
- References: external documents that speak to broad management issues (e.g., risk-taking, accountability). They are
identified in the body and at the end of some sections.
- Tools: documents that help when administering transfer payments (e.g. checklists, decision trees, monitoring guide,
pro-forma text such as agreements etc). Tools are located at the end of some sections.
- Best Practices Annex : documents provided by departments that include contribution agreement templates, checklists, forms, and procedures. The Annex can be found following Section 11.
Current best practices such as tools and cases will be updated and/or added to the Guide as departments develop them.
- Date modified: