FSA Vision: Delivering Excellence
"Standardization" in the area of federal financial management is the responsibility of the Financial System Authority (FSA), which is an organization within the Financial Management Sector dedicated to providing direction and leadership to ensure that financial information within departments and across the government enterprise is accurate, reliable, accessible and timely.
The evolution of financial management systems, and sound financial management, recognizes the benefits of managing the Government of Canada as a single enterprise.
FSA, in cooperation with over 60 departments and agencies, is leading the Financial Management Transformation Initiative within the Government of Canada. The initiative is designed to develop more common financial information, data, business processes and configurations of financial management systems across the Government of Canada. To date, well over 300 people involved in financial management have contributed to this initiative. In its capacity as a key enabler, the FSA takes pride in helping to move the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat (TBS) Change Agenda forward.
Our strategy and approach and strives to:
- Engage the Government of Canada financial management community in order to facilitate collaborative improvement in the management of government financial management systems and financial information;
- Enable departments to implement more common data, processes and systems;
- Strategically implement the Policy on the Stewardship of Financial Management Systems; and ensure that governance and a robust regime of oversight are in place.
The Financial Management Transformation includes the following:
- The Financial Management Transformation Roadmap;
- The Common Financial Management Business Processes (FM-BP) Initiative;
- The Common Enterprise Data Initiative (CEDI);
- The Common Financial Management System Configuration (FM-SC) Initiative;
- The Financial Interoperability and Stewardship Initiative (FISI); and
- Standardization, Outreach and Expertise.
- Date modified: