We are currently moving our web services and information to Canada.ca.
The Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat website will remain available until this move is complete.
Next Generation Fighter Capability: Life Cycle Cost Framework
The KPMG Independent Review and associated Framework have been commissioned by the Treasury Board Secretariat as part of its responsibility in the Government of Canada's Seven-Point Plan in response to Chapter 2 of the 2012 Spring Report of the Auditor General of Canada.
These documents have been edited for publication in accordance with the publication and communications quality assurance processes within the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat. The PDF document is the official version.
Table of contents
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Context and Approach
- 3 Life Cycle Costing
- 3.1 What is a Life Cycle Cost Estimate (LCCE)?
- 3.2 What is being costed?
- 3.3 Scope Considerations of the NGFC LCC
- 3.4 Fundamental Limitations of Life Cycle Costing
- 3.5 NGFC LCC Framework Evolution
- 4 NGFC
- 4.1 LCC Framework Components
- 4.2 People & Organization
- 4.3 NGFC LCC Principles: Processes
- 4.4 Product Considerations
- 5 Considerations in Implementing the NGFC LCC Framework Principles
- 6 Summary of Key Principles
- Date modified: