Official languages in the public service
Read policies and resources on the Official Languages Act that foster the use of both English and French in the public service and in Canadian society.
Services and information
Find a list of Government of Canada offices and the official languages of services offered. Read a description of the Official Languages Regulations and the Official Languages Regulations Re-Application Exercise.
Get tools and tips on how to effectively use official languages at work. View a list of bilingual regions of Canada for the purposes of language of work.
Find quick facts about official languages and get answers to frequently asked questions.
Learn about the conditions necessary for public service employees to receive a bilingual bonus.
View a list of champions and others responsible for official languages at each federal institution.
What we are doing
Laws and regulations
- Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- Official Languages Act
- Official Languages (Communications with and Services to the Public) Regulations
- Public Service Official Languages Appointment Regulations
Policies and guidance
- Policy on Official Languages
- Directive on Official Languages for People Management
- Directive on Official Languages for Communications and Services
- Date modified: