Submit a claim for out-of-pocket expenses related to Phoenix pay issues
Who can submit the claim?
The Government of Canada wants to ensure that current and former employees who have incurred additional financial or out-of-pocket expenses because of incomplete or inaccurate pay resulting from implementation of the Phoenix pay system are reimbursed in a timely manner.
If you experienced a pay problem after your department, agency or Crown corporation started using the Phoenix pay system and you have incurred out-of-pocket expenses because of incomplete or inaccurate pay, you are invited to submit a claim.
Before you begin
You are encouraged to bundle your eligible expenses as much as possible for efficiency of processing and reimbursement. You will be able to file another claim if new information comes to light, or if more pay problems occur.
You will be asked to include a statement of facts upon which your claim is based, and to provide supporting documents confirming all disbursements.
To support your claim, gather the documents and receipts showing:
- Interest charges related to late or missed payments from credit cards, lines of credit, personal loans, car loans, etc.
- NSF (insufficient funds) charges and other financial penalty charges resulting from late or missed payments for household utilities, condo fees, mortgages and other ongoing monthly financial commitments, insurance re-instatement fees, etc.
- Interest charges from credit cards, lines of credit and personal loans temporarily used by you to pay mortgage payments, condo fees, rent, personal loan payments, household utilities, and other such expenses until your pay issue was resolved
- Fees, financial penalties or charges for early withdrawal of investments or savings accounts
- Pay stubs showing your incomplete or inaccurate pay, letters of offer or other documents to confirm what you should be paid, requests for salary advances, etc.
You will also need to identify when you began experiencing pay problems and when your pay issues were resolved to justify how long you incurred out-of-pocket expenses.
Once you have all the pertinent information, print and fill out the claim form. Attach a separate document to your claim if you need to provide additional explanations.
Your organization has identified a claims officer who can answer your questions, help you fill out the form and guide you through the claims process. Your organization will communicate to you how to send your completed claim.
Keep a copy for your records!
- Date modified: