Awards, recognition and special events
- National Public Service Week
This guide has been developed to assist you and your volunteers in planning and organizing your events.
- Public Service Award of Excellence 2016
The following guidelines outline the selection criteria for the Public Service Award of Excellence and provide key points to assist you in submitting a nomination for an individual or team.
- Guide to Writing Work Descriptions for the Executive Group
The purpose of this guide is to provide a framework for writing concise work descriptions for Executive (EX) Group positions for the determination of the classification level. This guide focuses on developing a work description that incorporates the three factors used to measure the work under the EX Group Classification Plan
- Principles drawn from Federal Court, Federal Court of Appeal and PSLERB decisions
Brief summary of some of the fundamental principles applicable in the course of a classification grievance resolution process, as highlighted by jurisprudence.
Compensation and Labour Relations
- Union Dues Reference Table
The reference table on union dues is a tool to help with the application and administration of the union dues.
Diversity and employment equity
- Employment equity and diversity award guidelines
Embracing Change, the action plan tabled by the Task Force on the Participation of Visible Minorities, recommended the development of an annual national awards program to recognise individuals who make exemplary effort and achieve exemplary progress related to the Action Plan.
Human resources management
- Handbook for Implementation: Workforce Planning and Management
The handbook Moving Towards the Workforce of the Future is a one-stop shop for all information related to workforce planning and management.
- Informal Conflict Management System
An Informal Conflict Management System is a systematic approach to managing and resolving conflicts in the workplace quickly and constructively.
- Integrated planning handbook for deputy ministers and senior managers
Integrated planning can help identify optimal strategies and activities for recruitment, retention, learning, development, employee engagement, promotion, succession, employment equity and official languages.
- Succession planning and management for senior managers
Planning and managing succession is a critical sub-component of the broader integrated HR and business planning process.
- Succession planning and management steps
Effective succession planning cannot succeed without commitment from leaders at all levels, starting at the top.
Learning and leadership development
- Build your learning plan
A learning plan is a personalized action plan designed to help you set and meet your professional development goals.
- Guidelines on Performance Management for Certain Senior Excluded or Unrepresented Managers and Specialists (E/U PM)
This document provides guidance to departments for implementation of an approach to performance management that is aligned with the Executive Performance Management Program.
- Science and technology management core competency profile
Guide for science and technology managers with a view to identifying and measuring areas of knowledge, skill and ability that may be improved.
Values and ethics
- Guide for Developing Organizational Codes of Conduct
The purpose of this guide is to share some best practices in code development that have been identified through research in order to help federal public sector organizations develop their organizational code of conduct.
- Proposed: Model Organizational Code for Public Sector Organizations
This document should be read in conjunction with the Guide for Developing Organizational Codes of Conduct. This is a sample of the enhanced hybrid model organizational code of conduct.
- Date modified: